Re: Please test mvsata (Marvell SATA)

Hi! all,

From: KIYOHARA Takashi <kiyohara%kk.iij4u.or.jp@localhost>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 18:24:08 +0900 (JST)

> I tested mvsata on Marvell SoC(MV88F5182) only.  I wish the report in
> non-PC/AT like macppc very much.
>
>   ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/kiyohara/tmp/mvsata.diff
>   ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/kiyohara/tmp/mvsata.tar.gz
>
> You must write in your configuration as follows. And, please build the
> kernel, and reboot.
>
>   mvsata* at pci? dev ? function ?        # Marvell SATA Controller
>   #options         MVSATA_WITHOUTDMA
>

> I request the report of mvsata with DMA.  However, if you do not use
> DMA, it recommended to enable for options MVSATA_WITHOUTDMA.  This will
> call the function of wdc.c and ata_wdc.c very compactly.  And, DMA is not
> controlled.

I did not receive the report at all.  It is very lonely. X-<
However, it noticed the thing to which the register map was wrong.  mvsata
worked with 88SX6042(at pci on TeraStation) with MVSATA_WITHOUTDMA.

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/kiyohara/tmp/

Thanks,
--
kiyohara

Also can download: ;-)
  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/kiyohara/orion_nas/