Re: trouble installing grub on -current amd64

Hmm, okay I think I've left some information out, not wanting
to duplicate info from other threads.
I have the shared libraries installed.
grub installs on AMD64, just doesn't see the kernel
as an executable. This is what prompted me to read the
howto more closely, and I noticed it advises using -current.
I don't think /usr/pkg gets touched during the -current
upgrade, therefore I don't think /usr/pkg/emul was affected.

This being the case, is there any way to find out why I get
this error:
ktrace -f grub.out grub-install /dev/rwd0d
 /usr/pkg/sbin/grub-install: Cannot execute ELF binary /usr/pkg/sbin/grub
 sed: /grub/device.map: No such file or directory
 grep: /grub/device.map: No such file or directory
 /dev/rwd0d does not have any corresponding BIOS drive.