Re: LDAP support in NetBSD -- my test results

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 03:27:45PM -0400, matthew sporleder wrote:
> I have done some testing of newly ldap-enabled NetBSD components and
> found them to work pretty well.
>
> My environment was netbsd-current i386 hitting osx running a
> hand-compiled openldap 2.4.
>
> A brief summary:
> ldap* tools (ldapmodify -- ldapadd and friends are just modules of
> modify) work perfectly with ldap and ldaps configured with
> /etc/openldap/ldap.conf and ~/.ldaprc
>
> postfix works with ldap and ldaps.  (I only tested that aliases were
> queried)  This is is configured in main.cf and external cf files.
>
> amd only seems to support ldap (no ldaps).

Do you know if any of those can be configured to use the global
ldap.conf settings?

When I first used dovecot in an LDAP environment, I patched it so it
could handle a ldaps server or a "use the library's default" setting
(I think that part of the patch has been lost in a later version of
dovecot, unfortunately).

My experience is that the admin is much happier when there is only one
place to configure the ldap server settings.

Also, what kind of tls configuration were you using?

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost