Re: Priorities

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 9:02 AM, matthew sporleder
<msporleder%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 11:31 PM, Sarton O'Brien
> <bsd-xen%roguewrt.org@localhost> wrote:
>  >
>  > On Mon, 12 May 2008 01:27:06 pm César Catrián Carreño wrote:
>  >  > Hello.
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  > I've updated to 4.99.62 this end of week. I have apache installed, and
>  >  > I've noted that I can't access a own php site while compiling software.
>  >  > The compile process is a bunch of pkgsrc DEPENDS and reniced to 15,
>  >  > meanwhile the httpd processes are not reniced (0). As soon when the
>  >  > process is suspended, it loads the web page. Resuming the compiling,
>  >  > all the httpd processes become in state netio, some of them timeouts.
>  >
>  >  With regards to apache, I'm seeing this:
>  >
>  >  [Mon May 12 13:16:35 2008] [notice] child pid 12803 exit signal
> Segmentation
>  >  fault (11)
>  >  [Mon May 12 13:16:41 2008] [notice] child pid 21752 exit signal
> Segmentation
>  >  fault (11)
>  >
>  >  Under:
>  >
>  >  NetBSD www.local 4.99.62 NetBSD 4.99.62 (XEN3_DOMU) #0: Tue May  6
> 13:20:07
>  >  EST 2008
> root%mx0.cre.local@localhost:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/XEN3_DOMU i386
>  >
>  >  And have been since at least 4.99.60.
>  >
>  >  I'm not sure of the best way to give any useful information though.
>  >
>  >  It's definitely load based as an identical system has not had an error
> yet.
>  >

(I'm not sure why but this shows up as a blank message from my
previous attempt at sending)

Can you try getting core dumps from apache in those situations?  I had
a similar situation on solaris at one point and had a real time
messing with CoreDumpDirectory (apache) and system core settings to
try and keep all the child dumps around.

I expect that you have some module doing something nasty and it should
show up in the core.