Re: Priorities

On Mon, 12 May 2008 01:27:06 pm César Catrián Carreño wrote:
> Hello.
>

> I've updated to 4.99.62 this end of week. I have apache installed, and
> I've noted that I can't access a own php site while compiling software.
> The compile process is a bunch of pkgsrc DEPENDS and reniced to 15,
> meanwhile the httpd processes are not reniced (0). As soon when the
> process is suspended, it loads the web page. Resuming the compiling,
> all the httpd processes become in state netio, some of them timeouts.

With regards to apache, I'm seeing this:

[Mon May 12 13:16:35 2008] [notice] child pid 12803 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)
[Mon May 12 13:16:41 2008] [notice] child pid 21752 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)

Under:

NetBSD www.local 4.99.62 NetBSD 4.99.62 (XEN3_DOMU) #0: Tue May  6 13:20:07
EST 2008  root%mx0.cre.local@localhost:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/XEN3_DOMU
i386

And have been since at least 4.99.60.

I'm not sure of the best way to give any useful information though.

It's definitely load based as an identical system has not had an error yet.

Sarton