Re: CPU frequency-changing comes and goes

Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
When it fails are you booting with the AC adapter unplugged? If so:

   http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=38360

That could very well be it; I haven't isolated the conditions that
cause it.  I'll watch; thanks.

Joerg suggested checking the power settings in my BIOS. There is a strategy for when on battery, and the default was something like "Power savings". Changing it to "Automatic" makes est work when booted from battery.

Cheers,
Jared