Re: CPU frequency-changing comes and goes

Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
Sometimes, when I reboot my laptop (Thinkpad T61 running amd64-4.99.54
at the moment), the kernel doesn't detect speedstep.  If I try to run
estd, I get

        estd: Cannot guess CPU-scaling technology. (maybe you are
missing some kernel-option?)

Similarly,
        $ sysctl -a|grep freq

gives no output.

It isn't a kernel build option; a reboot will usually bring it back.

I've attached /var/run/dmesg from the last boot.

When it fails are you booting with the AC adapter unplugged? If so:

  http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=38360

Jared