Re: Hot plugging of SATA disks doesn't seem to work under NetBSD-4.x?

        Hello.  Sorry I wasn't clear about scsi disks and hot pluggable
enclosures.  However, perhaps I mis-stated the question.  In relased
versions of NetBSD, at least Versions 2, 3 and 4, given a properly designed
scsi enclosure which permits hot pluggability, the scsitl utility can be
used to good effect to rescan buses after disk changes, and raidframe can
be used to rebuild arrays on swapped drives after drive changes on those
properly designed enclosures, all without bringing a running system down.
        The same cannot be said for SATA disks, which can also be placed in
enclosures which permit hot plugging.  The atactl /dev/atabus0 reset
command does not have the desired effect.
I think this should work, and I wonder how hard it is to make work.
-thanks
-Brian