Re: wm0 and status discovery

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Joel CARNAT wrote:
When I plug the cable back, nothing happens - the NIC is still in "status:
no carrier". The only way to get my carrier back is to issue an
"ifconfig down ; ifconfig up".

I had something much worse happen to my T61 -- I was attached to a GigE + PoE switch, the switch died, when I reset it, wm+igphy no longer senses link at all. The link light is on at boot with ifconfig showing 10baseT until I either run dhclient or manually assign an address.

Unfortunately it still works under Vista so I doubt warranty will take care of it.

Cheers,
Jared