Re: behavior of passwordless logins has changed

cross+netbsd%distal.com@localhost (Chris Ross) writes:

>   There's no way for Kerberos (Heimdal or otherwise) to *know* if you
>have a password, so it has to prompt before trying.  I suppose that
>the pam_krb5.so module could never bother to try to prompt if kerberos
>isn't configured at all on the machine, though...

The old kerberos had a patch (or rather a section enabled) in
crypto/dist/lib/krb5/context.c:

#if 0
    /* with this enabled and if there are no config files, Kerberos is
       considererd disabled */
    if(tmp == NULL)
        return ENXIO;
#endif

I don't understand why this is disabled at all.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost