Re: behavior of passwordless logins has changed

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 21:19:51 +0000 (UTC)
mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst) wrote:

> tnn%NetBSD.org@localhost (Tobias Nygren) writes:
>
> >Previously an account with no password set would simply get logged in
> >without displaying a password prompt. Recently (after the heimdal
> >update?) it displays a password prompt, and accepts *any* password as
> >valid, not just the empty string. Also, "PermitEmptyPasswords yes"
> >doesn't seem to work from sshd_config anymore.
>
> This sounds more like you now are using PAM.

I have the default pam configuration, and am not using kerberos.
FWIW, I commented out this line in /etc/pam.d/system and now it works:

#auth sufficient pam_krb5.so no_warn try_first_pass

Maybe something is wrong in my userland, I'll try to clean objdir
and rebuild ...