Re: kernel built with today's sources hangs after ahcisata(4) probe

On 19-Mar-08, at 12:57 AM, Blair Sadewitz wrote:

Has anyone else seen this?  I built my usual kernel (and a GENERIC
kernel, just to be sure) with today's sources (there were autoconf
changes recently, but I do not know if they're the culprit).  Upon
booting, the system hangs after the first line of the ahcisata probe.
I haven't had time to turn on debugging and look yet, but hopefully it
will be fixed by the time I get up. ;)

I see something which I suspect is very similar.

My Asus PSCH-SR/SATA system crashes on boot with a uvm_fault()->0xe trying to access sys_cdevsws+0x4 in a strncmp() call in devsw_name2blk (), called from ata_raid_read_config_adaptec().

I can copy down the full backtrace if someone's really interested (or try to take a photo of the screeen :-))

--
                                        Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc.
                                        <woods%planix.ca@localhost>