Re: ghostscript and jemalloc

I have the same problem in -current. While trying to convert it to pdf, it produce bad characters in all document.
 The ps2pdf conversion is my problem.

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 8:02 PM, Christos Zoulas <> wrote:
In article <>,
Mark Davies  <> wrote:
>I have problems with ghostscript's PDF creation on recent -current's,
>characters in some fonts aren't displayed in the created PDF's.  The
>attached postscript file demonstrates the issue. Running "ps2pdf
>" produces a PDF that has 3 corrupted characters.
>This appears to be a ghostscript/jemalloc interaction as if I link
>phkmalloc explicitly into ghostscript it starts working again.
>Can anyone confirm that they see this also or better yet identify whats
>actually failing.

Potentially is is a bug with ghostscript and gets exposed by jemalloc.
Simon found a similar bug in pax recently. It seems that jemalloc causes
more activity on freed memory.

Francisco Valladolid H.
-- - Jesus Christ follower.