ghostscript and jemalloc

I have problems with ghostscript's PDF creation on recent -current's,
characters in some fonts aren't displayed in the created PDF's.  The
attached postscript file demonstrates the issue. Running "ps2pdf
ps2pdfexample.ps" produces a PDF that has 3 corrupted characters.

This appears to be a ghostscript/jemalloc interaction as if I link
phkmalloc explicitly into ghostscript it starts working again.

Can anyone confirm that they see this also or better yet identify whats
actually failing.

cheers
mark