libstdc++ change in last couple of weeks

Upgrading from a 4.99.52 of around Feb 5 to a 4.99.54 of Feb 26 (or a
4.99.55 of today) has caused parts of KDE to start segfaulting.  I now get
kcminit_startup getting a SIGSEGV on login sometimes also followed by
knotify doing the same.  I've tracked it down to libstdc++ as putting the
old one back stops the segfaults but haven't got any further.

cheers
mark