Re: src/lib/libpthread changes of 2008-2-10 break pkgsrc/comms/asterisk

Rafal Boni wrote:
I wonder if this has something to do with how default of recursive vs. non-recursive mutexes. Asterisk's locking model is pretty scary to say the least, and it did make some assumptions about the default mutex type supporting recursive locks (IIRC).

Ah, I think the bug is that trylock fails on a freshly-initialized, recursive mutex. That fails with the new code and works with the old (well, a month+ old.. my control was a box running autobuild sources from 1/11/2008), and it doesn't seem at all unreasonable to support that. I'll put this together and put it in a PR.

BTW, why is MUTEX_THREAD -16 vs. -8? Were we planning on adding another bit to the stuff we stash in the low bits of the owner field, or is this just to match some alignment elsewhere? (if so maybe we should add a comment to that effect).

--rafal