Re: serious current install issues (./build.sh install=/ installs as rafal:staff vs. root:wheel)

Rafal Boni wrote:
Folks:
I've now seen this on 3 machines, and paid a lot more attention to my install attempt on the last one and I don't think it's user error.

I just rebuilt my tree a few days ago and was getting around to installing it, when I noticed that all binaries (and some important dirs like the sshd chroot, etc.) were owned by rafal:staff. This is a pain if you want to log into the machine ;)

My install command was the usual:

./build.sh -T /extra/tools -O /extra/sparc64/obj -D /extra/sparc64/root install=/

Oops, Matt would be correct.. that should have a -U on it. I guess I convinced myself otherwise while attempting to upgrade the sgimips box by hand (because I didn't have a tooldir) and then propagated the error to the other two machines I was upgrading.

D'oh!  Nevermind, sorry.. another case of User Brain Damage..
--rafal