Re: Printing question

Yup - that's it!

Thanks for the fast response!

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008, Martin Husemann wrote:

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 12:53:15PM -0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
Anyone got any clues on how I can get this set up to print from NetBSD?

Typically it listens on port 9100 and will just accept raw printer data
there. I use this in /etc/printcap for a hp laserprinter:

# HP Laserjet with JetDirect ethernet card
lp|HP|HP Laserjet:\
       :lp=9100@hp:sd=/var/spool/output/hp:\
       :mx#0:sh:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

That's enough to just "lpr *.ps" (or ctrl-p in firefox), which is my main
application. In your case you probably want to investigate CUPS in
pkgsrc/print/cups.

Martin

!DSPAM:47a8cf191741846613679!

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |