Re: Workaround for Firefox crashiness

On Wed 30 Jan 2008 at 12:31:58 -0500, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> Basically, firefox runs out of file descriptors and freaks out. Maybe
> it's a side effect of having lots of fonts installing from pkgsrc, I'm
> not sure. In any case, bumping openfiles before launching firefox has
> made the problem disappear for me.

I'll try that on my amd64 machine. I always had the impression that the
problem is much, much worse on amd64. Trying to use google maps would be
a surefire way to crash firefox on my amd64 machine, but it works fine
on my i386 machine. (Strangely enough, with older firefox and older
NetBSD (2.0) it also works fine at work on an amd64 box).

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.