Re: crash from ohci detach

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 00:32:24 +0100
Joerg Sonnenberger <> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 06:09:15PM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> > Eyeballing the panic, it says "ohci_intr:... bad address" followed
> > by a uvm_fault.  These are both consistent with a bad PTE...
> Check if the interrupt handler is called after the memory mapped IO
> has been removed.
My tentative answer is that uhub.c and usb.c called pmf_register but
not pmf_deregister.  Preliminary tests suggest that adding those calls
to the detach routines solve the problem but I want to test more first
-- shortly after a series of attach/detach cycles, my system crashed
with 'list head mismatch'.

                --Steve Bellovin,