ATF-devel archive

Re: failure in NetBSD while running as root

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Antti Kantee <pooka%cs.hut.fi@localhost>
wrote:
> On Wed Mar 30 2011 at 12:21:59 +0100, Julio Merino wrote:
>> Alright.  I know what's happening.  The offending test case is
>> mounting a rump file system and it is running a daemon in the
>
> rump??

Err, no of course.  My mistake.  s/rump/puffs/ as below :-P

>> Now, this feels like a very ugly hack but I'm not sure how we'd do
>> better.  For file systems, I see that fuse has a "sync_unmount"
>> command/flag (dunno what exactly it is) that was added for exactly
>> this purpose.  For daemons... we can't control their termination
>
> unmount (i.e. umount /mnt/path) *is* synchronous.  However, in case
> the server exits (via signal, crash, or whatever) there is a window of
> limbo during which the file system is being unmounted from the kernel.
> Since signals happen asynchronously, I can't see how it's possible to
> provide anything synchronous against that.

So, if I understand this correctly, after an "umount foo" it is
guaranteed that the puffs server has fully exited and 'foo' is not
mounted in any sense any more; correct?

Thanks,

--
Julio Merino / @jmmv