Re: Pkgsrc issue

Don Lee <MacPPC2%c.icompute.com@localhost> writes:

> Mr Nestor has given me a good path for my needs. I’m wondering if I
> can apply any of my resources to TNF efforts. I was thinking of
> setting up a machine here, but I might do better by simply giving a
> machine to TNF. (The NetBSD Foundation?)
>
> NetBSD has been good to me. I’d like to return the favor.

Yes, TNF == The NetBSD Foundation.

I'm not on the board and can't really speak for TNF, but from helping
with pkgsrc and talking about bulk build setups, I know that hardware is
one thing, and a place to put it, power, network, remote hands, and
admin resources is much more.  You might ask he@ who is doing powerpc
builds if they could use more, but I would guess that's really not the
limit.  There is always a call for money which is used to pay people
sometimes, and to buy hardware.  (I don't know where it came from, but
the x86_64/i386 bulk build setup is recently massively improved with new
hardware, but it took a lot of work by many people to get it all done.)

It is very useful if you figure out what's wrong and fix it and send
patches.  For that, it's best if you update to 10.