Re: default ctwm config thoughts

On Tue 22 Sep 2020 at 17:39:32 +0100, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 at 14:13, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 03:10:22PM +0200, Olaf Seibert wrote:
> > > The current release version (ctwm-4.0.3) has support for the --replace
> > > option, which is the ICCCM way for a window manager to take over
> > > from another. So it is "take control away", not "give control away".
> >
> > Could you import that version or are there any reasons not to?
> >
> > Martin
>
> The version from the git mirror builds right away on my system; it
> needs a slight modification to the default .ctwmrc to avoid some
> warnings, otherwise works; I can't get it from the original repo, as
> bzr is not functional at all, on -current at least. It shouldn't be
> much of an exercise to import it, methinks.

In the curregt git/bzr version, the build system has been completely
reworked with cmake, but there is no reason why normal Makefiles
shouldn't work. Most of the configuration checks done by cmake are
unneeded in NetBSD's tree.

(devel/breezy should work if bzr doesn't)

> Chavdar
-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on