Re: Radeondrm w/RV370 / X300 SE on 7.0_BETA -- working?

>>> Really?  Hm, wasn't that what I started with, which also caused a
>>> kernel panic?  Anyway, I'll put it on the list of things I should
>>> test or re-test.
>>
>> Looking back, that was where you started. I'm typing this on a machine
>> running X11 on -current with a radeon card of the same generation as
>> your one, there haven't been any changes to the old drm driver for a
>> fairly long time.
>>
>> Can you try booting the machine without the RAID controller?
>
>Certainly, this machine is just for testing.
>Though it would be nice if the kernel didn't simply reset the
>machine when the twa driver is used :)
>
>Hmm, I have another machine which runs netbsd-5 which appears to
>have the same controller type and which works fine:
>
>mt# pcictl /dev/pci2 list
>002:00:0: 3ware 9650-series RAID (RAID mass storage, revision 0x01)
>mt# pcictl /dev/pci2 list -n
>002:00:0: 0x100413c1 (0x01040001)
>mt#

OK, there look to have been some twa(4) driver changes since netbsd-5,
has the driver probed correctly on the working machine ?

>>> It's possible I'll also re-install the system using netbsd-6
>>> code, to see if twa(4) has any better chance of working on that
>>> version.
>>
>> I think there were some locking changes made by riastradh@ to the new
>> radeon drm driver after Sep 17, is there a newer kernel you can try?
>
>I can always make one.  Which branch should I try?  -current or -7?

The locking changes are only for a DRMKMS kernel, maybe look at whatever
is wrong with twa(4) first.

I would pull the RAID controller and check that X11 works with the
GENERIC kernel that you already have. You could try the DRMKMS kernel
at this point too.