Re: Radeondrm w/RV370 / X300 SE on 7.0_BETA -- working?

>>I've not messed with the BIOS settings either before inserting
>>the Radeon card or after pulling it.  Isn't this all automatic?
>
> I think it is worth checking the BIOS settings.

OK, I'll take a closer look and if I change settings I'll give it
another try.

>>> You should be able to get X11 to work using the GENERIC kernel
>>> with the radeon card.
>>
>> Really?  Hm, wasn't that what I started with, which also caused a
>> kernel panic?  Anyway, I'll put it on the list of things I should
>> test or re-test.
>
> Looking back, that was where you started. I'm typing this on a machine
> running X11 on -current with a radeon card of the same generation as
> your one, there haven't been any changes to the old drm driver for a
> fairly long time.
>
> Can you try booting the machine without the RAID controller?

Certainly, this machine is just for testing.
Though it would be nice if the kernel didn't simply reset the
machine when the twa driver is used :)

Hmm, I have another machine which runs netbsd-5 which appears to
have the same controller type and which works fine:

mt# pcictl /dev/pci2 list
002:00:0: 3ware 9650-series RAID (RAID mass storage, revision 0x01)
mt# pcictl /dev/pci2 list -n
002:00:0: 0x100413c1 (0x01040001)
mt#

>> It's possible I'll also re-install the system using netbsd-6
>> code, to see if twa(4) has any better chance of working on that
>> version.
>
> I think there were some locking changes made by riastradh@ to the new
> radeon drm driver after Sep 17, is there a newer kernel you can try?

I can always make one.  Which branch should I try?  -current or -7?

Regards,

- Håvard