Re: short reads on unix stream on netbsd-10

On Wed, Sep 06, 2023 at 09:28:31AM -0400, Mouse wrote:
> That's a good question.  In general, SOCK_STREAM socket connections
> never promise atomicity of anything larger than one byte.  It's
> possible AF_LOCAL provides a stronger promise, but, if so, I'm not sure
> where that promise is documented, or how widespread it is.

If you want reliable and atomic communication, SOCK_SEQPACKET is there.

I implemented it (from code submitted in a PR) for perfused(8) a few
years ago. See section 3.3 of my EuroBSDcon paper if you are curious
of the details.  http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz/fuse.pdf

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost