Re: epoll exposure

On Sun, 13 Aug 2023 19:10:32 +0200
Tobias Nygren <tnn%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> A similar situation arises with daemons that reload their configuration
> via the classic SIGHUP + fork(2) mechanism. If that is done from within
> the event loop I guess we lose?

Same goes of course for any trivial server process that forks into the
background if it does the listening socket setup before the fork
happens. It is a common pattern to do so in order to bail out on errors
before dropping privileges and forking. I wouldn't bet on everyone doing
epoll_create1 after the fork.