Re: -DFANCY in robots(6)

    Date:        Fri, 24 Jun 2022 21:35:58 +0000 (UTC)
    From:        Charlotte Koch <charlotte%netbsd.org@localhost>

  | Please help me understand what's going on here, and why I shouldn't just
  | remove all this unused FANCY code.

No idea what is going on, but my inclination would be to define FANCY
in the Makefile (COPTS+= -DFANCY) and try to build it.   If that fails
then by all means trash that code.

If it works, then see if it is anything that anyone might have a reason
to like to build for themself - try running it with that turned on, which
seems to be done by giving the scorefile arg as a path whose last component
(only component if there is no '/') is "pattern_roll" or "stand_still".

If that does something useful, or perhaps entertaining, or something, then
I'd just leave it alone.   If it core dumps, or is an utter waste of time,
then trash it.

kre