Re: Interested in working on NetBSD project

Am Mon, May 23, 2022 at 01:15:36PM +0530 schrieb gagan%iitk.ac.in@localhost:
> Could you please give me a bit more context regarding the project and
> possibly a few links or documents that I can get started with? I look
> forward to hearing from you and work for NetBSD.

One possible (sub)project would be to extend the existing support for the
clang static-analyzer. It is usable, but very rough at the moment, since
it uses the console output only. Run "make analyze" e.g. in src/bin/cat to
try. One major improvement would be to add JSON compilation database
support to the NetBSD build system (both src/share/mk for userland and
src/sys/conf for the kernel) and hook it up with analyze-build from the
clang tools. This would allow generating e.g. HTML reports, which are
much easier to understand as they show the code path leading to the
conclusion. It also allows using other tools that want a JSON
compilation database as input, e.g. devel/woboq_codebrowser. An old
proof of concept can be found in https://www.netbsd.org/~joerg/json.diff
and can be used as starting point.

Joerg