Re: Waiting for Randot (or: nia and maya were right and I was wrong)

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 10:15:41AM +0000, nia wrote:
> I don't think more options should be added to the installer (it has
> too many things that are confusing to a new user already),

This is the thinking that gets us to fully automated no choice tools
like the auto resizing usb images that I find extremely annoying
for *my* use cases but realize they are probably good in general.

> I also don't think the installer is a place where anything can
> be solved "once and for all"

I did not say that.

But when we are installing via sysinst, it is a good chance to make
sure we do not end up with unsafe systems (and if we do handle it
there, it never needs to be dealt with later again). Especially when
the fix is very easy (and could be auto-running the audiorng tool if
audio recording is available, but still needs to deal with machines
where there is none, as is the case for many oldish server type
machines).

Something else(tm) has to be done about cloning VMs and USB images, and maybe
it is only documentation that is required.

Martin