Re: Proposal to remove catman(8)

On 11.11.2020 01:18, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Kamil Rytarowski <kamil%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:
>
>> I wish good luck finding user-base/target-audience (if you like, in any
>> age) that relies on the slowest of slow hardware and cannot use anything
>> else to study the system documentation.
>
> You are missing the other larger point.   It may well be that catpages
> should go entirely.
>
> However, the other thing that people pay attention to when deciding to
> be part of a community is how people conduct themselves.  Aggressive
> removals in the face of objections is something that is likely to cause
> people to find a community with higher standards.

I have not faced any single objection from any potentially affected user
(modulo the Mouse's use-case...). Furthermore it looked like some people
objected for the sake of objecting without being aware how to use
cat-pages at all.

But if you really want to prioritize good NetBSD experience on z80, it's
your win.