Re: More compatibility for refuse

<coypu%sdf.org@localhost> wrote:

> If anything we should get rid of perfuse.

FUSE has thee API: kernel level, low level and high level.

refuse only implements the high level API

perfuse implements the kernel API, libfuse runs on top of it and
provides low level API and high level API. `

Hence, perfuse supports all FUSE filesystems, while refuse can only
supports the one that use the high level API.

If you want to dive into more details, here is my EuroBSDcon 2014 paper
on that stuff: http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz/fuse.pdf

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz