Re: colorls in base

fstd.lkml%gmail.com@localhost (Timo Buhrmester) writes:

>I wonder why the die-hard monochrome users keep arguing from a
>"but it isn't pretty" point of view.  It's not supposed to be pretty,
>it's supposed to augment the information presented.

To me it's the gloriously colorful that keep arguing that other people
argue "but it isn't pretty".

Prettiness is the last thing that concerns me, cloaking information with
gleeful colorized flashlights and blinding me with candy colored dots is.

If I wanted marketing, I'd replace shell output with a web site.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost