Re: colorls in base

On 16.02.2019 03:16, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> Shades of gray are not distinguishable. Font size changes (supported on
> some terminals and xray) would have similar issue.

To be more precise (before someone will protest) shadow of gray can be
distinguishable in some contexts and circumstances, but it does not
retain the same clear contrast properties. (I'm ignoring aesthetics
here) It's not a replacement. Actually gray vision of eye has different
biological purpose and different parts of eye are involved (with e.g.
different range of vision) but it's a different discussion not for this
mailing list.

But if someone really likes shades of gray, LS_COLOR can be used to set
these properties.