Re: Moving telnet/telnetd from base to pkgsrc

> Am 17.12.2018 um 08:57 schrieb Martin Husemann <martin%NetBSD.org@localhost>:
>
> On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 10:43:14PM +0100, Marc Balmer wrote:
>> To me it looks like one or two people don't like telnet and have become
>> very vocal and loud about removing it and did not invest a lot of thought
>> in to the cause.   Yes, I call them *******....
>
> Name calling and other personal insults have no place in our mailing lists.
> Please keep discussion content technical. We will deal with the incident
> privately.

I want to clear a few things.

An insult was not intended at all, I am sorry if you or someone else was insulted.

When I wrote "dummies" I actually meant that they did not think the consequences to the end, I am not aware of any other meanings of that word.

To me that word is at the very most a very mild form of "personal insult" as you named it.  However, that was not intendet.

Unfortunately I have to realize that my wording was not wisely chosen, again, sorry about that.   So here you have it, my apology.

As from a technical point of view, I think that both telnet and telnetd have their valid uses, e.g. in a VPN/Ipsec environment, where using ssh results in double encryption.