Re: Moving telnet/telnetd from base to pkgsrc

Den 2018-12-15 kl. 22:11, skrev Marc Balmer:
Whatever.

Please keep telnet and telnetd in base.  They have their valid use cases.

Yes please.  I have used both kerberized telnet and plain telnet last 12 months frequently. I don't think it's up to us try to tell people that "this SW may be insecure and we don't trust you of not knowing that, so we'll remove it instead".

I'm pretty sure that all users of telnet know what the implications are.   If they don't then it doesn't matter whether it is in base or not.

-- Ragge