Re: Moving telnet/telnetd from base to pkgsrc

    Date:        Fri, 14 Dec 2018 21:28:34 -0800
    From:        John Nemeth <jnemeth%cue.bc.ca@localhost>

  | As kre noted, it is probably the oldest network application
  | around.  According to Wikipedia, the protocol was developed in
  | 1969, predating TCP/IP, which means that it is probably the oldest
  | TCP/IP application there is.

That's actually what I meant.   I have no idea in which order the BSD
applications were written (nor, for that matter, their original origins.)

But if there are bugs in any of them (and that is not impossible, just as
with any other software) then we should simply fix them, not just declare
some apps as "too old, abandon it".

I also simply cannot believe that any issue that might exist in telnet is
going to be any worse than firefox with a http:// URL ... and I do not see
anyone suggesting that firefox (and every other browser) should be
abandoned.

kre