Re: stty erase WTF

khym%azeotrope.org@localhost (Dave Huang) writes:

>After all that discussion, I don't know if anything was actually done
>to fix the problem :(

To my knowledge there was no decision, but lots of requests to
break tset again.

For a real fix we need

- a method to identify sessions where the tty configuration can
  be assumed to be correct.
- a small change to tset to skip tty configuration for this case.
  or a small change in the profile to skip the tset call.

The best identification method I came up with was to assume
that any pty can be considered correct nowadays. That's probably
even true with things like screen and tmux (and it won't solve
the problem with moving either between different terminal types).

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost