Re: stty erase WTF

On Jan 18, 2016, at 14:48, Valery Ushakov <uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost> wrote:
> IIRC, it was a recent change ir tset(1), probably this one to
> tset/set.c:
>
> revision 1.18
> date: 2015-06-21 11:23:22 +0300;  author: mlelstv;  state: Exp;  lines: +15 -13;  commitid: iuxh5X28WnMwXgqy;
> Restore logic for setting the VERASE character.
> - use terminfo _unless_ the terminal does overstrike.
> - use terminfo data not only for an unset tty.
>
> There was a lengthy thread about that, but I don't remember if it was
> in some PR or on current-users.

Yes, the "termcap issue" thread on netbsd-users:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2015/07/30/msg016589.html

After all that discussion, I don't know if anything was actually done
to fix the problem :( One suggested fix (and the one that I applied on
my systems) was to remove the tset call from [/etc/skel/].login and
.profile. Of course, removing tset from the /etc/skel files only helps
newly-created users.

INet: khym%azeotrope.org@localhost |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 40 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++