Re: UTF-8 capable fmt(1)

On Sat, Jan 09, 2016 at 12:58:25AM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> I still use fmt(1), and when I do, I often note that it breaks
> non-ASCII chars.

Define "breaks"? And what "wide character support" means? (Specifically,
if it tries to figure out the width of unicode glyphs or sequences
- e.g. "What's the column usage of 'KATAKANA LETTER HE' + 'COMBINING
DIAERESIS' + 'LATIN SMALL LETTER X'? And where, if anywhere, should it
insert a break in that sequence?")

FWIW, I'm fine with replacing fmt with a newer version, but I'd like to
have a better idea of what it fixes.