Re: Revisiting the migration path to Kyua

Julio Merino wrote:
> > Maybe we could add a command line option like you
> > suggested, but make it fall back to ATF when Kyua is selected but not
> > available, as the case may be when testing a historic version?
>
> I don't have a strong preference (it's your software after all!),
> but _personally_ I'm not a big fan of such automatic fallbacks.
> If the user says --test-engine=kyua, then I'd expect the software to do
> as I said or fail if it's not possible.

Having some kind of automatic selection is unavoidable, because
running "anita test" without any special options needs to work for any
version of NetBSD.  If the NetBSD version in case supports only ATF,
it needs to run ATF, and if it supports only Kyua, it needs to run
Kyua.

I would think of the command line option not as a way of selecting a
test engine, but as a way of specifying a preference for which one to
use in the case where the version being tested happens to support
both.

> Do you want me to come up with a draft diff for this?

I don't think that's needed.
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson%gson.org@localhost