gcc-4.8.x import

Hello,

As some of you are aware, we've been working on getting gcc-4.8.x
working on NetBSD with plans to import it before the branch to netbsd-7.
Our ambitious goal was to import on top of gcc4.5 in
/usr/src/external/gpl3/gcc, but this all-or-nothing approach has
proven to be more difficult than we anticipated, largely because
it is difficult to test everything and some platforms (sh3) are
still not working very well. The fallback plan to go to gcc-4.1.3
for platforms that don't work with gcc-4.8.x, is not a very good
one as this compiler is getting too old to be useful (many bugs
have not been fixed and lacks many of the recent flag/warning
additions).

The biggest problem with importing another gcc copy in the tree
is size, but it looks like because vax is working we'll be able
to delete gcc-4.1.3 from /usr/src/gnu/dist and this means that
we can mostly migrate away from /usr/src/gnu the rest of the
stuff and /usr/src/gnu can go away (everything migrated to external).
Unrelated to the gcc stuff, but /usr/src/dist is almost gone too -
the only thing left is pf which needs an upgrade or deletion.

The current plan is to keep two versions of gcc in the tree; the
previous one and the current one. By importing the gcc-4.8.x in
/usr/src/external/gpl3/{cgg,ccg,yagcc} (pick one) we can bounce
back and forth between that directory and /usr/src/external/gpl3/gcc.

The other advantage of having two trees right now is that some
ppc archtectures have been obsoleted and we need to figure out
how to do with them. This gives us more time.

So pick a name, and we'll be importing the next gcc in the next
few days.

I would like to thank martin, mrg, nisimura, skrll for all the
work they put in this.

Best,

christos