Re: mounting wedges by name

This seems like an hack around a devfs sized hole in the system.
It will generate more compatibility baggage.  The file system is good
for naming things, so I struggle to see why we need yet another way of
naming things.

In the absense of devfs what about having the kernel mknod the entries as
they are discovered? Our ZFS port works this way.  The nodes wouldn't
be chgrp operator but the operator can fix that easily.