Re: mounting wedges by name

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 01:14:08PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Looks good, but could we also have a UUID=... variant to refer to the
> GUID always (instead of the name)?
>
> I know that this would require a new dkioctl, or extending struct
> dkwedge_info.

What would be the advantage of always allowing a UUID? If you want
to use UUIDs you can do that by not naming the partitions.

You already named the drawback, it is incompatible and unlikely
suited for a pullup to older NetBSD releases.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost