Re: tn3270, mset and map3270

Am 12.01.2010 um 00:22 schrieb Alistair Crooks:

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 11:03:35PM +0000, Roy Marples wrote:
Hi List

Whilst working on my terminfo foo, I discovered tn3270(1), mset(1) and
map3270(5). It looks like FreeBSD removed this in their 4.0 release
whilst OpenBSD still have it. It refers heavily to termcap and the fact that it's buggy and slow. Is it something we wish to keep, or should I
update all termcap references to terminfo and move
src/share/termcap/map3270 up a level?

It's been around 11 years since I last used a mainframe, and I used to
work for a mainframe manufacturer.  Even at that time, we used x3270
to access them, and so I doubt that I'll have any opportunity any time
soon to try to relive that period of my life.

I agree with smb - let's move this to pkgsrc and be done with it.

If nobody uses it, why bother putting it in pkgsrc? Why not just remove it? If someone badly needs it, it is still available in the Attic. Maybe ask on the mailing lists if someone still uses it (like I did for strip(4) which also nobody uses anymore...)

- Marc

Regards,
Alistair