Re: tn3270, mset and map3270

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 11:03:35PM +0000, Roy Marples wrote:
> Hi List
>
> Whilst working on my terminfo foo, I discovered tn3270(1), mset(1) and
> map3270(5). It looks like FreeBSD removed this in their 4.0 release
> whilst OpenBSD still have it. It refers heavily to termcap and the fact
> that it's buggy and slow. Is it something we wish to keep, or should I
> update all termcap references to terminfo and move
> src/share/termcap/map3270 up a level?

It's been around 11 years since I last used a mainframe, and I used to
work for a mainframe manufacturer.  Even at that time, we used x3270
to access them, and so I doubt that I'll have any opportunity any time
soon to try to relive that period of my life.

I agree with smb - let's move this to pkgsrc and be done with it.

Regards,
Alistair