Re: Adding the "links" text mode web browser to the base system

Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd%twofifty.com@localhost> writes:

> On Tue, 3 Nov 2009, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
>
>> As for text editor flamewar, it's you provoking it. Unfortunatly,
>> Emacs, of any of the two existing branches, is the only usable text editor
>> originating (to some extent) from Unix rather than DOS-Windows tradition.
>> vi is for BSD fanatics, I have yet to see non-technical person who feels
>> better with vi than with Emacs. Even system administrators want to use
>> sane tools which vi is not. Their first packages include Midnight
>> Commander, Joe, Nano or other similar tools to facilitate editing small
>> files. _Not_ another vi, they already have one in base.
>
> Oh god. You're the one who mentioned emacs, a word that makes a lot of
> people cringe.

Yes, I understand that I stomp onto religious feelings, but those are
close to Firefox/Gecko or GNOME/Gtk or KDE/Qt "religious" hatred.
Personally, I don't like any of them. This doesn't mean that I should
avoid all technical considerations involving any of those software
packages.

--
HE CE3OH...