Re: pwd_mkdb(8) is still broken to me

> What is the benefit to do so?  It means nbpwd_mkdb (built on 32bit
> time_t host) generates version 0 databases, and installer will need to
> be changed to run native pwd_mkdb once before changing root passwd
> etc.  I wonder what is the raison d'etre of nbpwd_mkdb.

I just pointed out that it's possible to generate VERSION 0 too.  As I
said I can't think of all the possibilites which can happen in real
world.  Some people might want to generate VERSION 0, might not.

> Since the compiler used here is a host compiler, probably it is
> difficult to turn them on unconditionally.

Then let's enable it conditionally for debug purpose.

Here's a patch for pw_scan to stop returning garbage.

        http://www.netbsd.org/~uebayasi/fix-pw_scan-with-32bit-time_t.txt

Masao