improving binary reproducible builds to assist in binary patch management

At Thu, 17 Dec 2009 00:27:16 +0700, Robert Elz <kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost>
wrote:
Subject: Re: Sets, subsets, syspkgs, and MK*

> That work was done in (slightly) the wrong way - largely it consisted
> in moving all of the dates out of the binary files.  That was a mistake.
> What should have been done was to put a constant date into the files,
> the date when the release was announced (or last built before being
> announced, or anything else that takes the release engineer's fancy).

Indeed!  I think it should still be fixed as you say:

--
                                                Greg A. Woods
                                                Planix, Inc.

<woods%planix.com@localhost>       +1 416 218 0099        http://www.planix.com/