Re: cgd (encrypted disk) support in bootblocks (Was: summer of code - scrub feature)

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 19:23:00 +0200
Cem Kayali <cemkayali%eticaret.com.tr@localhost> wrote:

> 'I think' auto-configured (or enabled as option by default while
> installing), CGD or similar encrypted partitions is not allowed by US
> laws... It should be done manually.

I know of no US law that would prohibit this.  More broadly, I know of
no US law that restricts use of cryptography in any way.  I also
believe that as an open source project, there aren't even any export
restrictions, though I'm much less sure about that.